Think Wisconsin has too many cloudy days for solar to make sense? Think again. Wisconsin has a very active residential solar energy market, and thousands of homeowners have already made the switch to one of nature’s cheapest, cleanest, and most abundant energy sources.
Here’s why solar makes sense for Wisconsin homes:
· Cheaper energy bills
· Generous tax credits
· Support for a cleaner, healthier environment
Here’s more information about how solar energy can work for you, too.
Wisconsin Solar Power Benefits and Incentives for Homeowners
Wisconsin homeowners who transition to solar have many potential financial benefits. Policies such as net metering make solar make sense in Wisconsin:
· Wisconsin net metering pays you for the extra electricity you send back into the grid, with the rebate accruing when you need extra energy.
· Focus on Energy rebate is an up to $500 rebate against the costs of solar system permitting, interconnection, and installation.
· Sales and Use Tax Exemption for Solar and Geothermal Systems means you can be exempt from paying 5% of the sales tax of your system.
· Property Tax Exemption for Renewable Energy Systems provides a waiver for any additional property tax based on the increased value of your home because of a solar installation.
· Federal solar tax credit (also called Investment Tax Credit) allows you to claim a deduction of 26% of the cost of your solar installation from your federal tax bill.
You should contact a qualified tax expert and consult with them. Neither Freedom Forever’s family of independent authorized dealers nor Freedom Forever itself can give you tax advice. A qualified tax professional will understand your situation and be able to give you the most relevant advice.
You may qualify for more incentives based on local, state, and/or federal programs – consult with your solar power dealer to learn all the ways you can benefit from transitioning to solar power.
Is Solar Worth It in Wisconsin?
Wisconsin is unique for its commitment to solar rights: the state grants solar and wind rights that support unrestricted access to the sun. This also guarantees that your HOA cannot stop you from installing a solar system for power generation.
Wisconsin receives an average of 1,500+ hours per year of usable sunlight on a fixed solar panel. While it might seem like Wisconsin suffers from too much inclement weather to make solar energy worth it, that amount of sunlight is actually more than enough to power the average home and create a tidy surplus. A 5-7 kW solar installation will likely cover your entire annual electricity usage, and leave an amount left over for net metering.
In short: yes, solar energy is definitely worthwhile for Wisconsin homes.
Wisconsin Solar Power Is Helping the Environment
Wisconsin is filled with special and beautiful natural treasures, from Big Manitou Falls, to the Eagle River Chain of Lakes, Horicon Marsh and more. Preserving these epic spaces is something everyone is passionate about.
Solar power is part of a set of solutions that help support our move toward a cleaner, safer, and healthier environment. Each new residential solar power installation is one more way to:
· Reduce local greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions
· Shrink carbon footprints
· Decrease fossil fuel dependence
· Support reduced local emissions and improved community health
If you’re like many of your friends and neighbors, these environmental benefits are another reason to embrace solar energy.
Invest in Solar Power to Save Money for Your Wisconsin Home
Do you want to learn more about your opportunities to use solar energy to save money on your energy bills, earn valuable tax credits, and help preserve Wisconsin’s beautiful environment? Contact Freedom Forever today and we can share details, including a FREE quote for service.
Freedom Forever is helping homeowners all over Wisconsin reap the benefits of solar energy for their homes – we’d love to help you, too!