Thinking about making the change to solar power for your South Carolina home? Wondering if solar makes sense in South Carolina? A lot of your neighbors have already switched to solar energy, attracted by benefits that allow them to:
· Reduce home energy costs
· Earn extra money from rebates and tax credits
· Support sustainability and a cleaner environment
Here is more information about the benefits you can look for when deciding whether solar power is right for you.
South Carolina Solar Power Pricing Benefits and Incentives
Pricing benefits and incentives make solar make sense in South Carolina and drive decision-making for most homeowners exploring solar as an energy option. There’s very good news for South Carolina residents: the state offers a variety of programs that deliver savings, and the federal government also chips in with incentives. As of the date of this blog, the following are available:
· South Carolina state tax credit for solar allows homeowners to claim 25% of their yearly solar costs as a tax credit; if you don’t pay enough in taxes to claim the full credit, the remainder carries over for up to 10 years.
· Santee Cooper customers are eligible for a rebate of $1.30 per watt installed, up to $5,200.
· Net metering credits are arranged on a per-utility basis, check to see the programs offered by your electric utility provider.
· Federal solar tax credit (also called Investment Tax Credit) provides a deduction from your federal taxes of 26% of the cost of your solar installation.*
Like many other states, South Carolina is exploring additional incentives to help homeowners make the switch to solar. Freedom’s family of independent authorized solar power dealers can help you learn more about savings, credits, rebates, and tax benefits that would apply to your solar power system.
South Carolina’s Solar Suitability
Occasional cloudy skies and wet weather don’t change the fact that South Carolina is one of the best locations in the United States for solar power generation. Home installations that are optimized for shading, facing, orientation, and other factors that ensure the best energy generating performance. Freedom Forever is an expert on optimizing solar installations in South Carolina.
As of 2020, approximately 209,200 homes in South Carolina are powered by energy from the sun. Solar is making huge gains in the state and is poised to help millions of residents enjoy cheaper, cleaner, more sustainable energy.
Help Support the Environment and Sustainability with Solar Power
Saving money is not the only reason homeowners in South Carolina are switching to solar energy. They’re also motivated to help make a difference in:
· Reducing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions
· Shrinking their carbon footprint
· Decreasing costly dependency on fossil fuels
· Supporting improved health and wellness in the community
Every time residential users add 5 kW per year of solar power generating capacity, they’re removing the equivalent of 2 metric tons of carbon dioxide annually – that’s roughly equivalent to taking half of a car off the road.
South Carolina homes that switch to solar power are helping to preserve the beauty, sustainability, and safety of the state and its community.
Learn More About Your South Carolina Solar Power Options
The answer to the original question is, “Yes, solar makes sense in South Carolina.” If you’d like to learn more about your options to enjoy cheap, clean, and reliable solar power, contact Freedom Forever today and our team will answer your questions, or even provide a FREE quote for service.
We’re excited to help you become part of an energy revolution that is helping people enjoy a better energy future for themselves and their families.