Solar makes sense in Oregon because the state is a leader in supporting sustainability and the environment, which has positioned the state as a strong proponent of solar power for electricity. Oregon homeowners are fortunate to have a wide range of programs that leverage the benefits of solar power generation to 1) reduce energy bills, 2) earn tax rebates and exemptions, and 3) make a positive sustainability impact.
If you want to know if solar makes sense in Oregon for your home, here’s what you need to know to make the best decision for your energy future.
Pricing Benefits and Incentives that make solar make sense in Oregon
For many homeowners, what makes solar make sense in Oregon is incentives: “How much money will solar save me?” That’s a very important question, and the answer will go a long way toward helping you decide if solar is the right choice for you. Here are some of the programs that can make a significant impact on your finances:
· Net metering provides credit for electricity generated by your home solar power system. Credits can be sold back to the grid or used when you need extra power beyond what you’re currently producing.
· Oregon’s solar electric incentive rebate program applies to Portland General Electric (PGE) and Pacific Power customers and provides a per-watt incentive for solar electricity production. Check with each provider to learn more.
· Local and municipal rebates are available for many locations in Oregon. Active programs include ones for Ashland and Eugene residents and Salem Electric customers.
· Federal solar tax credit (also called Investment Tax Credit) allows a deduction from your federal taxes of 26% of the cost of your solar installation.*
More incentives and tax exemptions may apply or be on the way – check with your solar power dealer to learn which programs you might be eligible for and the benefits you can expect.
Oregon’s Solar Power Suitability
Oregon has a varied climate, but the overwhelming majority of locations throughout the state receive more than enough sunshine to make solar worth it, including the capability to generate excess electricity credits. In fact, solar is Oregon’s most abundant native energy resource.
There’s more than enough potential for a solar installation to reduce your residential energy bill, and the state is on a path to maintain solar electricity generation as a priority for residential customers.
Preserving Oregon: Environmental and Sustainability Benefits of Solar Power
The environmental benefits of solar energy are just as important as the financial ones for many Oregon homeowners. Solar power for your home:
· Helps reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions
· Shrinks your carbon footprint
· Decreases costly dependency on fossil fuels
· Improves health outcomes through decreased emissions
Each home that switches to solar is helping eliminate the equivalent of multiple tons of carbon dioxide emissions annually. That fact is proving to be a great incentive for homeowners to become part of a sustainable solar power future, for Oregon and the nation.
Learn More About Your Oregon Home Solar Power Options
The verdict is in: Solar makes sense in Oregon. Thousands of homeowners have already made the switch, and thousands more will do so in the near future. If you want to learn more about your options for solar to potentially save on energy bills, earn tax benefits, and help preserve the environment, contact Freedom Forever today. We can share more information about specific benefits that solar can deliver, or begin with a FREE quote for service.
Ready to go solar in Oregon? Call us at 800-685-1850 or click below to get started
You should contact a qualified tax expert and consult with them. Neither Freedom Forever’s family of independent authorized dealers nor Freedom Forever itself can give you tax advice. A qualified tax professional will understand your situation and be able to give you the most relevant advice.