The second Friday in March is National Solar Appreciation Day and we want to share a few ways you can celebrate. Going solar is a big step for homeowners, but the benefits are endless. If you already have solar, you know what we are talking about. Spend today learning about your system and what you can do to maximize its benefits. From learning about solar energy systems to being more mindful about your carbon footprint, there are many ways to pause and appreciate what solar can do for you.
Learn about the benefits of solar
Many homeowners have already gone solar nationwide, but for different reasons. Some went solar to save money on energy.
- A solar system can help you save money on monthly energy bills and help you budget for more predictable payments.
- If you purchase your solar system, you may also qualify for the federal tax incentive that can give you up to 26% off your owed taxes.* Many states offer additional incentives to go solar.
- Potential savings are a big reason why many go solar, but preserving the environment is another. Many homeowners installed a solar system to reduce their greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.
- By reducing GHGs you help combat climate change and preserve your natural surroundings such as parks, beaches, and woods.
Read your true-up bill
If you already have a solar system installed, congratulations! If you participate in net metering, you will get a true-up bill at the end of your first 12-month billing period. Make today the day you learn how to read it. Your true-up bill acts as a summary of how much energy you produced and how much you used from the grid. In some cases, the true-up bill will report an excess of energy credits, so you may get a check at the end of the period. Even if you don’t have solar, we recommend you research if your utility offers net metering. It could be a deciding factor to go solar.
Reduce your carbon footprint
Today is the day to make a conscious decision to reduce your footprint as much as possible. By exploring ways to reduce emissions and waste, you can determine what changes you can make to your everyday life.
- Start by cutting your commute. Whether you opt for public transportation today or bike to work, you are reducing the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere.
- One gallon of gasoline creates about 8,887 grams of CO2.
- At home, you can try to use less electricity. Open the windows and enjoy natural sunlight today, spend less time in front of the TV and opt for a walk. Your electricity bill may thank you.
Research a new EV
The future of electric vehicles (EVs) is very exciting. Today is the perfect day to look into your dream EV. Whether you are looking for a fully electric car or hybrid, you can feel confident that you are contributing to the reduction of GHG emissions. Not just that, but an EV may give you some financial benefits. Depending on your EV model, you may be eligible for up to $7,500 as a tax credit. Some utility companies also offer lower rates to charge your EV during the night.
Get started on Solar Appreciation Day
One of the most impactful ways to celebrate National Solar Appreciation Day is to go solar. A solar system cuts your household carbon footprint and can help you save money. Freedom Forever is here to help you during your solar journey. We guarantee the amount of power your solar power system will produce for a full 25 years. Talk to one of our authorized dealers about more benefits and local incentives you may qualify for.
You should contact a qualified tax expert and consult with them. Neither Freedom Forever’s family of independent authorized dealers nor Freedom Forever itself can give you tax advice. A qualified tax professional will understand your situation and be able to give you the most relevant advice.